Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yummy Wednesday





Today I canned 6 quarts of tomatoes. Our tomatoe vines have done exceedingly well all summer! I've made many batches of salsa, some spaghetti sauce, and now I just wanted some fresh tomatoes for this weinter. Also tried some new recipies today: a new green bean cassarole made with yogurt instead of the heavier and salty cream of mushroom soup, and I tried a drop cookie recipie: White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry with Oats. I had some oats that I flaked in my mill, so they were fresh and I made them with half Splenda brown sugar and half real brown sugar. Some I just put in regular chocolate chips only. Both yummy and so easy! Then, in my bread machine I made brioche bread dough, and shaped them into rolls and baked them!! Ooohh--so good!

2 comments:

Rinez said...

Wow, look at you! So ambitious and it all looks so pretty!

Carma said...

Wow I am impressed!! You are amazing - yum yum!

Grandchildren - mostly

Europe Trip